Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Books, Flowers and Necklaces



sold
   These are some of the little notebooks I decorated the last few days.  the first two are small purse-sized books and the other is a larger journal-sized book with green edged pages and colored lines. 

I used a rusty flat key purchased at Relics last week, old lace, scrapbook paper and I wrote the word "unlock" on a piece of colored paper to give the book a name.




The inspiration comes from Matthew 7:7--
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.


On this next book I drew pictures of the same tree in the four different seasons.  The scripture I used for inspiration is from Genesis 8:22:
As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”



sold
  A friend loves at all times--Proverbs 17:17
I entitled this book "Brighten".  The many times my friends have brightened my life is endless. 
I look forward to seeing my friends at church and in the world and get great joy from visiting with them.  This book is a large bound journal with a preexisting bracket for a label.  I found an old photo of some obvious friends, adhered it, put the word on some German fraktur print and put it in the bracket, then added some lace to the green border and a green rhinestone once-upon-a-time earring.
 I was given a felt flower to reproduce so I looked at how it was made, drew and cut out a template of the pieces, cut them from felt I had in my stash and added beads, pearls or buttons to their centers.  The first three (not pictured) I took to Relics, she liked them and asked if I would make some in Fall colors--thus, the flower hair clips you see above.  They make a cute wreath.  Maybe a wreath will be next....

muti colored sold
 Finally, from my super-creative last few days, I was able to make two more crocheted necklace/bracelets.  Two had sold in the shop and she requested replacements.  I love when my things sell (insert deep sigh and smile here).

No comments: