Monday, July 25, 2011

Mixed Media Revived

 I've had a productive morning--creative-wise. I added some hair clips to some felt flowers (photos tomorrow), sewed some rolled flowers for potential headbands and revived my mixed media art.


 I used half of an old book cover I've been saving--I guess for this, added a tin type photograph of a well-dressed and warm-looking girl, raised it up with some glued together pages of an old book,

and added a ruffle from a very old piece of wedding veil given to me by Deb at Relics, and some old buttons dangling by waxed linen thread with a couple of matching buttons used to hold the hanger.  I added the word "winter" from an old dictionary by gluing it on some burlap.  Measuring 8" total from top to bottom and 3" wide, it would make a good Christmas ornament.  I know, it's anything but Christmas but I couldn't resist.
I also decorated a book that I'll show you tomorrow as well.  What fun!

No comments: