Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rolled Roses Headbands


These five headbands went to re- today.  The shop owner was on vacation and it seems that every third time I'm there she's gone.  Her shop must be doing well and I hope it continues to do so.  I think these headbands turned out cute and I hope they continue to sell there.  Here you see fabric from linen, shoe laces, negligees, t-shirts, blouses, a scarf, a remnant and a dance outfit.  I've used mostly vintage buttons and beads with a few newer ones gleaned from necklaces or bracelets.  One bead comes from some I bought in Africa last Fall.  I love using old things and making them new again.
These headbands went to Relics.  She's down to three of my headbands from the 15 I've put in since the first of the year.  The fabrics I used are like that above except these also include a flower from a wedding gown, lace and a swatch of a beaded suit.  I'm not "big time" but I'm pleased that they are selling, especially since the small business markets are doing so poorly in this neck of the woods.  She also took my Fluffed Bible and four of my little journals.  She liked one enough to buy it herself and suggested I make more like it.  You'll be seeing them in a couple of weeks after I take some time off with my family.  I'll also have a dress for S'more Couture to show you.  Hope you're keeping cool.

No comments: