Thursday, August 29, 2013

Howl or Sing?


They wander about for food
    and howl if not satisfied.
But I will sing of your strength,
    in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
    my refuge in times of trouble.
You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
    you, God, are my fortress,
    my God on whom I can rely.
Psalm 59:15-17

I can be a growly-bear at times, especially in the morning.  The act of praising God is a matter of will for me, especially when things are not going my way.  Sometimes I'd rather pout than smile, especially when I'm tired.
Yep, I'm a case, especially when I have everything in heaven and on earth for which to be thankful.
It's all a matter of choice...
howl or sing.
What will I do today?

I woke up singing the choir anthem in my head today, "I Will Joyfully Sing" by Mary McDonald, and it brought joy to my heart.  I've made my choice.









No comments: