Saturday, August 31, 2013

Praise Instead of Practice?


My heart, O God, is steadfast;
    I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre!
    I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
    I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
    your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
    let your glory be over all the earth.
Psalm 108:1-5


My husband and I practice at all hours of the day according to our schedules for that day.  I'm afraid that we might disturb our neighbors.  Because we're church musicians, the music we practice is mostly church music arrangements or anthems...on trumpet, organ, piano or a combination.  I think I need to look at my practice time as "[making] music with all my soul."  Maybe then it will be praise instead of practice.




No comments: