Friday, August 23, 2013

Needing Some Peace?


When I said, “My foot is slipping,
your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
            your consolation brought me joy.
Psalm 94:18-19

I found this passage this morning and decided it was a good one for me this week...accompanying a new choir at school, back at teaching piano after a hiatus of many years, a last minute accompanying job for a 50th wedding anniversary tonight (found out yesterday), picking music for Senior Adult Choir and a women's quartet (my husband has about 20 picked out and I'm the deciding factor), practicing for music I may or may not play while I stand in the wings for a full-term young mother due this weekend...when my daughter called.

It's enough for her being pregnant with #4 but add moving to a new house 2 1/2 weeks ago, homeschooling her kids, keeping the food stocked and on the table in a timely manner, putting away the massive amount of stuff needed to live, having a stomach bug and THEN finding that a mouse has been eating your homemade bread...well, that's more than one Mommy can handle! 
I'm praying for peace for you, baby girl.

The world needs peace.  Every household has its pressures and every job its problems.  On top of all of that...it's so "worldly."  Where is God in all of this?  Where is peace...?
...just a prayer away...


No comments: