Friday, January 29, 2016

Laser Light

"Laser Light" photo by Sally L. Smith

Then Jesus said,
 “Did I not tell you that if you believe,
 you will see the glory of God?”
John 11:40

It was a glorious cold day with the sun rising over the meadow just beyond my house.  I caught the picture to get the lighted fronds in the background but came up with this giant ray of light directing its beam through the trees and onto the road like a laser.

That is how Jesus touches us when we truly believe He is God in flesh.  He will shine a light in us that will radiate into a dark world and illuminate truth.  A true God-filled Christian radiates light through their eyes and smile and breaks through the darkness of a person's soul.  There are so many dark souls in this world, so much sin, so much distress.  People want to be loved and understood.  Sometimes it's just too much trouble to spread light.  I'm either not confident that I have the right words to help them or think they will reject what I say so I don't even pick up my laser.  When that happens, I haven't truly believed that God can work through me and later I realize, when it is too late, that I just missed the glory of God.


No comments: