Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another Bird Piece

Matthew 8:20--"The birds of the air have nests."

Yes, I'm stuck on birds. I love them--love to watch, feed, research, listen. I'm amazed that they can withstand the cold and intense heat just by their clothing of feathers. I love to see them make their nests and stand guard--ever watching. I love seeing them feed their little ones and care for each other. I love seeing how protective they are by attacking offending pesky rivals. They amaze me and please me and I'm so glad God gave them to us to enjoy. What would we do without them?

I made another small journal to put in the shop around the corner, S'More Couture in Alta, IL. Alta is the small community with a school, a liquor store a factory, S'More Couture and a few residents--that's all. These seem to be selling there ok. I get enough to keep me going, but definitely not enough to live on. Now I understand why groups of artists and musicians lived together in the Romantic Period just so they could survive. They were considered the "Bohemians." The opera "La Boheme" was written about such a group. I digress---
I used an old print courtesy of http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com (somehow I can't get the link to link right), gathered puckered sheer fabric interspersed by small paper mache eggs and old text. It was so simple, but the shop owner put the highest price of all the journals I submitted yesterday. Simple is good, I guess.

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Sally....it's just beautiful, I can see why the shop owner valued it so much!!! I love that you were able to use one of the images. Your work is always just wonderful! Money is tight around here as well but doing what you love many times involves sacrifice, doesn't it? Hope you are feeling wonderful and enjoying the approaching spring! xxoo, Dawn