Thursday, April 23, 2009

Treasure Your Thoughts

Have you ever had days when things just didn't go right? You try and try and still can't make it work. That's what happened with this piece. Everything went wrong and I wound up tearing the image and "fixing" it as best I could and decoupaging over it again. Ugh, I hate it and that's too bad since I absolutely love this precious image, even though it is a fairy. I finally found someone who sold it on a collage sheet, retrocafeart.com, that was clear and beautifully done. I'm going to have to start all over again. I'll probably keep this one for myself, unless one of you wants it. I'll even pay the shipping.

My thoughts aren't great right now. I'm dealing with depression and don't know why. I don't have any desire to do anything, especially art. I guess I'm in a slump--that artist's black hole. I keep questioning if this is really what I'm supposed to be doing. I've been a musician all week--played at a funeral, lead preschool music, accompanied the church choir, 3 soloists practices and their events, Vacation Bible School meeting where I'm leading the music, a wedding rehearsal and wedding--all this in a week. {Hmmm, maybe I'm just tired.} God's call to me from my teens was to be a musician and I feel like I'm useful and have a purpose when I'm doing that. Though I love art, I'm realizing that it's just a fancy and I can't contribute squat to the family income with it. Not that my music makes a living--far from it and it never has. It's a good thing I have my husband's income. I don't know what I would do without it (and him). It's just very discouraging to me that I can't make a go of something I love doing. If I just knew God's thoughts on the matter.

Psalm 55:2--"My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught."
Isaiah 55:8--" 'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD. "

3 comments:

Gaby Bee said...

This piece is really beautiful. Love those collage sheets from retrocafeart also!
Have a wonderful upcoming weekend!
Gaby xo

June said...

Hi Sally, thanks for the thoughts on man and babe pic on my blog. You definitely could be correct about the story as the man does look mournful.
This is the first time i have visited your blog and i like it. I have this fairy image and have used it before too but love your beautiful work ... even if you dont. Its still looks gorgeous to me.
I will take a look around now i am here and add myself to follow if you have that facility
Hugs June xxx

Sanja said...

your artwork is wonderful!love this piece!
thank you for visiting my blog :-)
have a nice day
Sanja