Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Art

In a rare sunny moment today, I took this picture of a new piece of art I created yesterday and today. My friend ordered a couple of domino necklaces and it put me back in the creating mood, somewhat. I still feel tired from our trip last week and I've been greatful that my schedule hasn't been too hectic so I can rest up. "Old age isn't for sissys," I hear. It was fun creating this necklace. She requested teal and brown, colors I'm beginning to like together. I may even be tempted to wear these colors. (Don't past out, my daughter, dear). I used an old domino with a flowered design on the back. (Do you remember these? I didn't.) I added decorative paper, buttons, thread, a teal sequin and a bead on a button and a small piece of an old button card I found in a button tin. I threaded crystal beads and faux turquoise pieces on waxed linen thread along with the domino.

I still have hope that Spring is coming. Sometimes it's a bit confusing here in central Illinois. Yesterday and today we've had a smorgasbord of weather--first, ten minutes of sun, then rain, then sun, then sleet, then sun, then hail, then sun, etc. etc. for 48 hours. Weird. I'm glad God knows what he's doing. He does have a sense of humor and we may as well acknowledge that he's in control.
Hosea 6:3--"Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth."

1 comment:

Jennie said...

HAHAHA...How funny. I read the teal and brown thing and thought, "Ohhhh no...*sigh*." Then I read the aside and laughed. :) Oh how well you know me. Of course I was the girl that said I would NEVER put my daughter in pink...