Thursday, April 2, 2009

Purpose Doll

In JoAnna's Doll Workshop we were given the March challenge to make a Purpose Doll. "Ok, that should be easy," I thought. I thought of all the purposeful things I've done in my life: wife, mother, grandmother, musician, professor, artist, friend--nothing rang a bell. Cook, house-cleaner, nurse, shoulder, sounding board, cheerleader, shuttle bus driver, juggler--No, not enough. What would God say about me? Bible teacher, church organist, handbell ringer, accompanist, Vacation Bible School leader, church Preschool music teacher, Church Assistant Hostess, short-term missionary? No, that's not what He thinks of me. Think, think, think!

I'm his child---first and foremost. He is with me. He protects me. He delights in me. He gives me peace. He sings to me. He wraps his wings around me. He is always faithful to me. That's who I am--His child. Whew! I'm glad I found my purpose! Just to be His.

Zephaniah 3:17--"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Psalm 91:14--"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

No comments: