Monday, April 20, 2009

Finally Home

I'm doing literally nothing today. I'm pooped from visiting 9 out of our 13 grandchildren though I did have a great time. While visiting, I happened onto a little dumpy flea market and found these three tiny antique salt cellars, all grimey, yucky and muddy. I washed them, boiled them in vinegar water and scrubbed. Most of the crud was removed but they cannot be totally new again. As we age, we change, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. Sometimes it's for a new use. I've repurposed these little containers for vases--pretty cute--and I can't wait to use real flowers in them. God has repurposed me time and again, too, and each time it's a new adventure.

Proverbs 17:6--"Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children."

No comments: