Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Other Lovely

Well, yesterday I didn't blog. When I cook the Wednesday evening meal at church, the day is full. I made this decorated notebook on Tuesday when I made my daughter-in-law's book--another lovely. What is it about the old books? I love the way they have taken the time to impress a design in the cover. This was a book destined for the trash bin and now it has a new life. What will make it even more lovely is what is put inside; for a book is not a book without a text. The text--the heart of the book--makes it comes alive. (Thank you, Mary, for having a servant's heart and helping me last night.)

1 Samuel 16:7--"But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.' "

I've put this shell of a book in my Etsy shop. See the side bar, click on the picture and it will take you to my shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome. Hope you got to rest up!