Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Treasured Not Wasted

This necklace is another example of my almost obsessive desire to "save" things. Look closely and you can see that there is a label from J. P. Coats embroidery floss behind the button. Yep, let something like that lie loose in a button box and I grab it up like a diamond. Weird? Yes, I guess to you, but to me it's treasure. There are a lot of "treasures" out there and we don't give them a second glance. We think they are good for nothing. It's a good thing that God thinks of me as his treasure. It seems like in every season of my life I've thought that I was a waste and God thought better and used me anyway. He's not called the "Creator" for nothing!

Malachi 3:16-17--"Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honored his name. They will be mine," says the LORD Almighty, "in the day when I make up my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him."

1 comment:

Gaby Bee said...

I took a stroll through your Blog and have to say I found some fabulous cretions.
You will find my e-mail addy on my Blog. Could you please send me your e-mail address?
Gaby