Thursday, August 6, 2009

Devotion

I made this little journal for a friend who just had a 50th wedding anniversary celebration. I used old text, an old hankie (loved this one and this is my last corner of it), old beautiful buttons, a piece of old satin looped trim, ribbons, seam binding and a leaf charm. I decorated the inside of the covers with gessoed music.
I made a pouch for it out of an old feed sack and used embroidery floss and straight stitched it across the top to close. I added a metal trimmed round tag, stamped the number 50, glued a paper flower and added a rhinestone button to the ring making it look like an engagement ring. I think it turned out cute. I cut out the word, devotion, from an old dictionary.
Romans 12:10--"Be devoted to one another."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pics...


See More Details

Anonymous said...

This is really good pics & good information..


See More Details