Monday, August 24, 2009

We Found A Nest

It had stormed the night before and my granddaughter, Hannah, and I were walking the next morning. I looked down, as I usually do when I walk, and there was this cute little nest that had been shaken from the tree above. Being the nest and bird lover I am, I picked it up and we examined it. Such a sweet, tiny nest it was and it had a bit of blue fuzz inside that the bird had found to make it soft for its eggs. Some little birdlings had a great place to hatch. I don't think my little birdling was very impressed with it but we had an adventure anyway. I love it and put it in a creamer I've had sitting in the corner of my bedroom for a long time. I was going to sell this creamer (Made in Occupied Japan) but I've decided to keep it since it has a purpose now--Nest Holder. I hope you find a treasure today in something.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

The little birdling is rarely impressed with such things, but she always remembers, as evidenced by the fact that I showed her this picture and asked her if she remembered finding that with Grandma. She said she did. Then I asked her what it was and she said, "Hay." I asked, "Yes, but do you remember what Grandma called it?" She said exuberantly, "A NEST!!" So your walk was not forgotten. She also remembered you guys found a cicada.

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I also love birds nests and have several that I found in trees here and there. I love the diminutive size of yours, and it is so tightly woven, perfection! Take care and have a blessed day!
Susie