Saturday, August 8, 2009

Renewed

If you've been following my blog, you know I love making old things new again. I did this by using an old leather-bound notebook (yes, they used to give these away as promotional items), circa 1930's, an old doll dress, a leaf from an old hat, burlap, old buttons, a feed sack and text from an old dictionary. The only things new are the beads, narrow ribbon and seam tape. You can find this little lovely in my Etsy shop (visit by clicking on any photo in my right side bar.)
We can have another chance with each new day and God has given me this one to be what he wants me to be. Will it be the same old day or will I make it a new one?
Psalm 51:10--"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."

1 comment:

Three Chicks Vintage said...

What a perky-pretty piece! I find your art inspiring, thank you for sharing it!
Do you know the origin of the work 'inspire'? It is 'God breathed'! Isn't that awesome?