Monday, January 18, 2010

Fairy Journal?



Fairy Poem at the-feathered-nest.blogspot.   I added bunches of goodies to the inside and along the edge.

Yeah,  I'm not much on fairies but I have a gob of cute photos of them, mainly from The Feathered Nest, a blog I frequent almost every day.  I had a person request a Fairy Journal and this is it, finally.  I was asked in November and she said "no hurry, whenever you have time," so here I am in January with it finished.  It turned out pretty cute and she also requested "bling" so I got to use a lot of glitter glue and rhinestones--yippee, yippee. 

I'm getting used to the new format on Blogger and things are a bit jumbled.  The photos didn't all come together as hoped.
I put a new flower in my Etsy shop (see sidebar to take you there or click on this--sallylsmith.etsy.com). The photo is below.


I used two t-shirts, baby pink for the rose and a dark taupe for the leaves--both vintage.  Matching seeds beads from a vintage necklace top it off.  I wanted to make my own signature flower and I like working with this fabric and these colors.

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

Lovely creations my friend
I love the Fairy Journal