Saturday, January 2, 2010

Starting the Year with Small Journals


I've started my year creating small journals, the ones above. Both are from inexpensive sewn notebooks on which I've decorated copies of old photos and paintings with lace, measuring tape, old dictionary words and definitions, scrapbook paper, and buttons. Charms, crystal chandelier drops, curtain rings, keys and handmade medallions--all dangle on ribbons or cording. I've stamped swirls along the sides and stickers to add extra layers. These will go to RE, a shop in the Metro Center in Peoria, IL to advertise a workshop I hope to be doing soon.
Thank you, Lord, for good health, time, resources and the ability to work. Amen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so pretty Sally. Just precious.

Have a wonderful weekend...Tracy :)

Gaby Bee said...

These are simply wonderful, Sally!
Wishing you and yours a very Happy Healthy New Year! May all of your dreams come true for 2010!