Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Into Headbands


Here's another rose headband for S'More Couture.  This one has vintage lingerie (one way of saying "an old slip") and beads from a real vintage necklace (thank you, Mariam.)  Candie gave me some old hankies, some lace snips and a few buttons Sunday.  People are just now catching on that I do something with these old things--and it's been three years now.  She's one of few that bring me things she finds when cleaning her house.  I'm greatful for anything pretty, lacy, buttony (is that a word?) or beady.  Two of my winter headbands and two pair of leggings have sold.  I love my job!   It's interesting that I love making these things but would never wear them--of course, almost 63 years old might have a bearing here.
Isaiah 46:4--"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you."

No comments: