Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Birdie Felt Hair Clip

I saw one of these in a little girl's hair the other day, stopped her to ask if I could look at it, admired it then came home and made one.  Just cut two tear drop shapes about 2 inches in length of pink felt; cut one patterned cotton small tear drop wing; sew wing to one of the felts. Sew bead eye to same felt.  Whip stitch or blanket stitch (I've got to practice my blanket stitch...mmm) the two pieces of felt together.  Cover hair clippie with grosgrain ribbon, the same width as the clippie, from the inside bottom of clip, through the pinchy part and over the top to the inside of the top.  I used a glue gun. Voile!...one cute hair clip going to a friend's grandgirl.  Now I'm going to make 5 more for my grandgirls. Why is it the girls get everything cute?  My poor boys go wanting.  Oh, well, I'm off to look for some nerf toys for them.  Easter is coming, you know.

No comments: