Monday, March 21, 2011

Newest Headband and Totem

 This is a headband I started yesterday and finished today.  I love the Spring-y colors.
All of these went to Relics today and I decided to make a holder--a headband totem.  Three of my headbands were missing from when I took them in January.  Hopefully that won't happen again.  I've made it a little more difficult to handle.  I've put a couple of straight pins in the plastic slip-on ones in the hopes that it deters theft.  The others have to be removed one-by-one.  If she displays this close to the counter it will help also but she can't have everything close.  I hope people will like them enough to buy them anyway.  I wish people were honest; that's the bottom line.

Sadness today--my son-in-law's aunt was killed by a teenage driver today.  She was riding a Ranger (ATV) on a country road in front of her home and was about to turn in when the boy passed the two slow-moving vehicles behind her.  He hit her broadside and killed her instantly.  This is so wrong.  Teenagers--please drive more slowly and pay attention.  Now that child will have to live with that image and this tragedy the rest of his life and the family of the deceased will also never be the same.  Life can change to death in an instant and this makes me not want my husband to leave the house tonight for his meeting.  Enjoy life while you have it.

No comments: