Friday, March 4, 2011

What to Make Out of a Corset? Reconstruction 3

SOLD
The top is a knit stretchy fabric--thinking 60s-ish--with a silky light pink background and almost brocade leaf pattern in dark pink with a hugh pink zipper in front. It was provided by Amy at S'More Couture who had this idea.  I'm just the flunky who put it together.  I added rows of black tulle over a black slip and a black flower with crystals for the center and a couple of tails. I think it's pretty cute and hope some Prom-goer-to-be will like it a lot.



I keep altering this dress.  We cut the peplum tulle, making two layers, and added both pink tulle and black sheer nylon to either side of the bow.  I was not liking the see-through lace on the bodice and wanted something more modest.  There's enough showing as is.  (See the Feb. 26 post to view the original remake.)  Someone wanted to try it on the other day but Amy gently said, "It's a 2-4, I think." and the girl backed off because she was much larger than that.  I'd hate to ruin the dress since it is a snug try-on.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

These are fabulous, Sally! truly. I love everything about this idea.
sending love,
Rebecca