Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Necklace


I made this little necklace from some rolled flowers I was going to make into headbands for RE- but decided I'd give this a try.  I've been wanting to make one for a long time now but have never taken the plunge until now.  I think it turned out pretty well but instead of the fine nylon netting backing, I'll use felt next time.  I think it would be more sturdy but this one does pretty well.  I decided to put it in S'more Couture instead of Relics since I would make more money on it---if it sells.  Both SC and R are having a very slow month.  I don't know how other small retailers are this time of year but it's scary.  Both are wondering if they will be able to stay in business.  One lives from month to month on paying rent and utilities, much less the vendors.  Though I made some money last month, I'm having to hold my pay check until next week to see if it's still a go.   Back to the necklace.  I liked making this and it wasn't super difficult for me so I think I will try another one sometime soon--maybe for me?