Friday, July 20, 2007

Fear Not

There may be a reason that the phrase, "fear not," appears in the Bible 365 times (so I've heard.) I believe God means what he says and that's what we are to do. Trust him and don't fear life. One of the scriptures that states this is Isaiah 41:13, "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." I found an interesting paragraph in a very old and torn up book that I have used on this piece: "for when young lips have drunk deep of the bitter waters of Hate, Suspicion, and Despair, all the Love in the world will not wholly take away that knowledge." This, also, is a true statement. Praise God, that we have him to love us in his heavenly love--a love that passes all understanding.
{I used an old book cover, wallpaper, ephemera, book binding, lace and buttons to decorate.
It measures 5" x 7 1/2" with the wire hanger extending another 3" above.}

No comments: