Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Song of the Broken Heart

Sometimes a broken heart is not all bad. As David said, "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise," Psalm 51:17. This book cover base measures 5" x 7 1/2" and the sheer ribbon hanger extends another 2" above. I used wallpaper, stickers etched with gel medium, old music, a copy of an old photograph, two brass charms, text from old book, book binding, old lace and two rhinestone pink plastic rose buttons. I was thrilled when this was finished. I love it. It will be hard for me to sell it. Making this made me decide to ask some of the craft stores around if they would let me teach a class in making altered art. Doesn't hurt to ask.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I actually really like this!!! And as some know, I do NOT like altered art! This is extremely good work!