Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Speaking The Truth

Ephesians 4 :15 says, "Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that, is, Christ." Prior to this verse it says that people are crafty and will draw the believers away by their "deceitful scheming." This verse states what the believer's job is. This also means "stretching the truth." Question: Is is true or not? and answer accordingly. The big kicker here is "in love." How do we say what we need to say truthfully without hurting another's feelings? That's where God comes in. I need to pray before I speak so my words are meaningful and not hurtful. Big job for a big mouth! This verse reminds me to be aware of what I say. "Oh, be careful little mouth what you say," is an old children's song that still has meaning for me today. This little ATC expresses this verse for me.

No comments: