Saturday, July 28, 2007

Peace

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 Things were very unpeaceful when John wrote these words of Christ. All around us we see and hear of everything but peace. I feel desperate at times wondering if things could get worse--then I remember-- Christ gives the only true peace we need. Even when things are beyond despair, Christ's promised peace soothes my ravaged soul.
I made this altered art today in a demonstration done at a local craft and decorating store. I'll be teaching a mixed media class there in Sepember. I had about ten people sign up and a few more interested in my 3 hours there. The art has a very old book cover as the base, collaged newspaper words cover with tracing paper, a little girl image, ephemera and a ribbon and it measures about 4 1/2" x 7 ." I used buttons and a charm on bent wire as the hanger.

1 comment:

Lennea said...

Beautiful! I found your blog from Joanna Pierotti's blog. I have just started a new Yahoo group for Christian artists. We have weekly challenges based on scripture or Christian themes and will be hosting round robins and swaps. For more info visit my blog at www.onceuponacottage.blogspot.com
We'd love to have you join our group! And now off to visit your Etsy shop!
Blessings,
Lennea