Sunday, July 29, 2007

Singing Under His Wings

Psalm 63:6-7 "On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings." As I was looking for appropriate verses to accompany this art, I found Psalm 63 and immediately thought of my pastor who is in ICU awaiting another surgery on his aorta, the second in less than 6 weeks. Interestingly enough, in his note to the congregation that was read to us this morning, he quoted verse 7. I think it is fascinating when this happens. I don't believe in coincidences or accidents. I feel everything is planned by God and the working of the Holy Spirit brings believers together through happenings like this. Pastor, I'm praying that you will indeed sing again, a song to us of victory and praise for the glorious things God has done in your life. Thank you , Lord, in advance for caring for this wonderful man of God. I look forward to the blessings that will come from you regarding his healing. I love you and honor you for your greatness. Amen.

This card (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") is made on a playing card base. I used a copied image of a photograph and other ephemera, glitter glue, paint, gesso and matte gel medium.

No comments: