Sunday, August 17, 2008

Be Glad

Philippians 4:4--"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice!"

Rejoice--Be glad! "Don't worry, be happy." Did you ever think that the words of a pop song from a few years back actually come from scripture? This whole passage in Philippians entitled "Exhortations" in the New International Version gives the Christian a lot of thought fodder. I've always enjoyed the fact that the writer had to say this twice. Sometimes we miss things the first time around. Maybe his listeners were not listening. I love these passages of scripture and really need to heed them more. I've decided to make a little book of Philippians 4 with some of its teachings. Look for more this week.

This was made on a playing card on which I adhered a collage paper, a copy of a vintage image, old paper measuring tape from an old sewing kit, lace and frayed ribbon. I stamped the images on the sides. I'll add more when I put the book together.

No comments: