Thursday, August 14, 2008

I've Been Published!

Close-up of published piece.
My art is published in the Sept./Oct. 2008 issue of "Somerset Studio: The Art of Paper and Mixed Media." I've been trying for over a year by submitting about a half dozen pieces of art and I finally made it.
Even though they got the name of the piece wrong, my name is there. They said "Don't Face" and it is really "Don't Fall." I'm really excited though. Of course, this happens to be one of my very weird pieces, but I thought it would really work with the Halloween theme of the magazine for Sept./Oct. even though Halloween is my least favorite holiday. The heading for the works on this page is "Always Left To Wonder." Like, "what were these artists thinking when they made this art?"

God just keeps blessing me and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to create. The scripture related to this piece is from 1 Corinthians 10:12--"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall." I need to take that to heart now myself. Most of my art has a scripture reference. It's important for me to always be aware of what I do, weird or not, that it may please the Lord.

2 comments:

Enrique V. said...

Nice! i love art from real people.... congratulations

http://tintaypixeles.blogspot.com

SweetAnnee said...

I am SO excited for you..woohoo.
deena