Saturday, August 23, 2008

Peace Beyond Understanding

Philippians 4:7--"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Have you ever experienced this transcending peace of God? There have been occassions that I have totally trusted God and have had this peace that passes all understanding. I've been tense in troublesome situations and asked God to handle all of it and I've received this peace in my body (heart). I've been completely absorbed in a problem to the point that I can think of nothing else and have asked for God to handle the details and have received this unexplainable peace. It takes an undying trust to be able to hand it all over to God. If you've never experienced this peace, allow Him to guard you heart and mind today. Turn it over to Him.

This art began on a playing card on which I adhered a background sheet
(Shabby Cottage Studio), a copy of a vintage image, a transparency
(Stampington and Co.) a bird sticker, roses from JoAnna's collage sheet, and background text from the hymn, "Children of the Heavenly Father" (Words: Caroline V. Sandell-Berg, 1832-1903) on vellum, and other ephemera. This is part of a series of ATCs I'm combining into a book based on Philippians 4.

2 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Sally. I love how your art work is created with lessons from the bible. Thank you for sharing!
Your blog is wonderful!
Cheers, Sharon

Anonymous said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL BLOG!

Thank you for sharing on ning so I could find you!!!


your art is gorgeous - the heart behind it is too :)

congrats GRAMMIE!


joy in the journey,
katye~D


www.blueyeduckstudios.etsy.com

www.blueyeduckstudios.com

www.blueyeduckstudios.blogspot.com