Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Making Amends

Philippians 4:2-3--"I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to agree with each other in the Lord. Yes, and I ask you, loyal yokefellow, help these women who have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers whose names are in the book of life."

One of the jobs of a minister is putting out fires. Yes, they are firefighters in the spiritual sense. The people who go to church are not perfect--I know, this is a revelation to you. Yes, indeed, members of churches have disagreements also. Much time is spent by pastors just listening to other members spout off about a fellow believer. It would be so nice if we'd just follow the advice of Paul here and try to get along. If there is disagreement, seek out the person and make amends. I'm not sure what Paul was asking the pastor of the church to do to "help" these women, but we see here that the same problems occurred in the first century church as they do now. I need to take this scripture to heart and build up, encourage, and help other believers, especially if we've had a disagreement. Grudges are not scriptural.

This card is part of a series I'm making into a book about some of the teachings of Philippians 4.
I used a few pieces of background papers, a copy of a vintage image, buttons, thread and paint on a playing card. More embellishments and danglies come with the putting together of the book.

1 comment:

Gaby Bee said...

This is adorable!Love the whole layout!
Gaby xo