Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Noticeable Gentleness

Philippians 4: 5--"Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."

This world is not gentle. Just go to a shopping mall or discount store and you'll understand what I mean. It is rare to see anyone smile anymore and most are somber and rude. Anger rests on the shoulders of the world. Many are expecting rude and crude and are just waiting to pick a fight. Where are the gentlemen and women of the world? We're even missing it in our circles of friends. Wait...I'm missing it here in my home!...and I'm the culprit! Oh, my, do I need this verse to remind me of what the Lord expects of me. He's near, you know, and He's watching me.

This card is part of a book of teachings from Philippians that I hope to sell eventually, however, I need to keep this as a reminder for my own life. I used a playing card as the base, a copy of a vintage image from my own collection of cabinet cards, background papers, a transparency, other ephemera, a button, a weathered safety pin, a bead, a brass charm, a ribbon and a velvet leaf.

No comments: