Thursday, August 21, 2008

Do Not Be Anxious

Philippians 4:6--"Do not be anxious about anything."

About anything? Did I read that right? Does that mean don't worry? Don't be upset? Don't be scared? Don't panic? Don't wonder? Don't be concerned? Wait... let me look up this word.
The Tormont Webster's (weighing about 10 pounds) says: "anxious 1. worried and strained about some uncertain event or matter; uneasy. 2..Attended with, showing, or causing such worry; full of anxieties 3. anxious to--Eagerly or earnestly desirous." It's interesting that the Latin derivative comes from a word that means "to torment, choke." Yes, it means don't worry...about anything. This verse continues with our asking God about everything. More on that tomorrow. Gotta go. I'm worried that I haven't left myself enough time to get ready to meet my husband for lunch.....Hmmmm.

Quickly...this card is part of a series I'm making for a book on the teachings of Philippians 4. I combined four pictures to make this one and added paint, glue dots, and glitter glue.

No comments: