Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Journal and Two Free Postcards

Cover of "Languages Journal."
This is one of my two commissions I received in the last two weeks. The other one I posted yesterday. This is not my style because there are few pictures from which I can gain inspiration. This little girl for whom this journal was made loves all kinds of languages and knows how to speak a little of ten and she's only 9 years old. She has loved looking at the journals I bring in the shop and her mother ordered this one for her for Christmas. I've included two more photos below.

German word for study.

Here are multiple tabs that include some flags from other countries that are also dispersed throughout the book along with foreign postage stamps and other vignettes.
The scripture I chose for this journal is from 1 Corinthians 14:9-11--"Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air. Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning. If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and he is a foreigner to me."
Below you'll find two postcards from 1918.

Enjoy using these if you wish, however, please do not copy the photos of my journal but feel free to use any ideas you wish. A link back here would be appreciated.







No comments: