Thursday, December 4, 2008

Two Freebie Postcards

Well, this isn't a Christmas card, but the wishes are still extended to you. I hope you find a use for this in your art. The vintage is 1921.
Isn't this adorable? I love it. I hope you can use this in your artwork or something else--my gift to you. It was sent in 1934.
This week, the first of December, has already proved to be very busy. I have two commissions to complete--5 children's necklaces and 3 adult necklaces with a Christmas theme and 20 Santa sticks. I finished the children's necklaces and my friend loved them and now wants 4 more adult necklaces by Sunday! Wow, I need to work even harder. My Santa sticks aren't due until the 15th so, Whewww! I have some time there. The shop owner that sells my art projects had a problem--she put my Fleur de lis journal on hold for a customer, who didn't show up or call after more than a week, and wound up selling it to another customer. The next day the original customer called and said she'll be by to pick it up Friday (tomorrow.) She asked me if I could duplicate the original journal. Fortunately, I took a picture of every page I decorated, but I told her that each was a one of a kind and I wouldn't be able to reconstruct it exactly--I don't have another fleur de lis napkin or a green glass button--things like that. I finished the covers and 10 pages and they are close. Hopefully, it will work--a lot of time goes into a reconstruction, even more than the original because I have to find everything again. Soooo, I'd better get busy and get to work--or just wiggle my nose and it would appear--and that' not going to happen. Only one can do that.
Psalm 148:5--"for He commanded and they were created."

No comments: