Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Sweet Blanket and a Freebie Card

I saw these little mini blankets in the shop where I sell my art works and crafts and thought I'd make one. I don't know whether this is "the newest thing" in baby stuff, but it looked easy to make and actually was. I used an old hankie and a new piece of super plush fabric, sewed them together and made little crosses in the middle to quilt it together. This is a great shower gift for the new mother--very sweet.
Here's an old postcard for you. I love the look of this artist's work. There seems to be a rash of it around this time period. I don't know this artist; do you? This vintage card was sent in 1929 and I hope you can use it. Regardless, enjoy.
The night Jesus was born there probably wasn't anything much in which to wrap his shivering body. The custom was to use strips of linen cloth, holding the baby tightly as if still in the womb. This was for warmth and comfort. Today we have every imaginable kind of wrapping but we still are seeking warmth and comfort from things--from food to luxuries. We are a needy people but what we truly need is God in the form of Jesus to fill the "God hole" in our hearts. Warm up with Him today.
Luke 2:6--"While they were there (Bethlehem), the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

contact me on www.luxurious-travelling.blogspot.com