Friday, January 30, 2009

Heart Song

Psalm 108:1--"My heart is confident in you, O God; I will sing."

Even in our confidence in the Lord, we sometimes don't feel like singing. Singing takes mental, physical and emotional strength. It takes concentration, ability and willingness. It takes a conscious effort--a determination--especially when we don't feel like it. It also takes a conscious effort to praise God no matter what is happening in our lives. It's in troubled times that I don't feel like singing or even listening to music so I must make myself--I WILL sing. Don't you love people who demonstrate this amazing feat?! I wish I were able to do more of this.

I made this little ATC last year or so and was not able to sell it, though I offered it two times on Etsy. So, I kept it myself and put it on my refrigerator. Now I'm ready to let it go so I put it on a panel of lace on a little mini journal I'd covered with scrapbook paper and added, buttons, ribbons, cording, a bead, open-weave binding fabric, book binding material and old text. Now it's ready to "sing." I put it in the little shop around the corner and I'll let you know if it sells.

No comments: