Saturday, January 24, 2009

Paradise Found

Luke 23:43--"Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.' "

This was the answer Jesus gave the thief that professed faith in Jesus as they were hanging together on their death crosses. The words of Jesus are filled with promise and comfort. The world is anything but a paradise however, Jesus has given us hope of eternal joy in this statement. I wonder what it will be like--women with wings? birds that look like butterflies? Who knows, but we can imagine!

This little mini journal was made for the shop in which I sell my artworks. I used a small notebook, added some printed-over text, copies of vintage images, beautiful ribbons and trim from Deena (thank you), and an old earring. I painted the inside of the covers and added the scripture above.

No comments: