Friday, January 23, 2009

Hope

Job 11:18--"You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety."

We are all searching for safety for ourselves and our children and their children. We make all kinds of laws to insure our safety. We hire people to "protect" us from the evil that lurks in our world--to provide us with a sense of security. Yet, we do not feel secure. The writer of these words, Zophar (a friend of Job), was telling Job to trust in God and put away any sin in Job's life. Then he would feel safe. I often take things in my own hands or pull the covers over my head for comfort when all I need to do is look to God, my protector and comforter--and hope in Him to give me a sense of security. He promised; will I heed?

I used a little 4"x 4" canvas I bought at Michael's after Christmas. It was intended to be used by children to paint and included a brush and two or three plastic cups of paint. I was just saying, after looking at the artist canvases, that I wished someone would create a 4 x 4 or 6 x 6 cheap enough for me to use--and there they were--right around the corner. I reconditioned it to remove the black lined drawing and here it is. I have a few in my sallylsmith.etsy shop. I loved doing this and used real feathers that I had found on my walks. What fun! I put it in the shop around the corner to "hopefully" sell.

1 comment:

Barbara Jean said...

I've just scrolled down to see more of your work, and of course you know i love this bird one. How cute with the 'nest' on the front!!

Keep up the beautiful work.

Oh, I love all the scripture you have on your site. I am working on signs to go with my nests, and also with the pin cushions that are in the works. So wonderful to connect everything back to our great creator, who has shared His gift with us.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean