Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Look At The Birds

Matthew 6:26--"Look at the birds of the air;...your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

If you've followed my blog for very long, you know I like birds and this verse is one of my favorite ones. It took me many years to believe that I was valuable to God and that He did have a place for me in His work and plan. Now that I am older and a little more wise, I believe this verse is true and it is a question that each of us should ask ourselves. How valuable are you to God? His plan for you is customized and fits you to a T. Are you in His plan or your own? I constantly ask if I'm still doing His plan for my life. I so love my life right now; I love my husband, my family, my church, my friends and my jobs (yes, plural, because I'm a musician and an artist.) This life is so good that I don't feel that I deserve it and, yet, He wants the best for me and why shouldn't I just let go and enjoy it? OK--I will!

I made this little mini journal for the shop. I used a small notebook, copied vintage paper, scrapbook paper, copies of vintage birds, a paper flower, ribbons, old text, a brass heart charm, beads and velvet rick-rack.

1 comment:

Gaby Bee said...

Really wonderful. Love all things with birds. Beautifully done.