Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Card from Scraps

I made this 5" x 6 1/2" card from some of the trims like I showed you yesterday. I love making things from scraps--things others don't want. Most of these trims I bought at yard and estate sales and the flat lace strips come from old hankies I've trimmed. It's fun to buy a beat up thin hankie and make something useful from it. So many were discarded when "used up" but some people couldn't part with the delicate lace embroidery they spent so much time creating. So they put it in a drawer for someone else to find. I'm so glad God doesn't just throw us away when we become to frayed, torn or broken. He just keeps creating us anew for his own plan. Sometimes we have to wait in the drawer for years until he makes us a beautiful, purposeful piece of art.

Psalm 51:10-11--"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence."

No comments: