Monday, March 23, 2009

The Way I Like It

I made this journal just the way I like it with roses and lace. I used the Roses Collage Sheet from Shabby Cottage Studio and lots of my flat lace I got last year at a yard sale (all grey and icky that I washed and ironed.) I love it but I'm going to sell it (hopefully) in my Etsy shop. I rearranged Gail's sheet to fit the notebook cover after using one of her decorative papers (a one-stop purchase that can be used over and over again-yeh!) I then positioned the pictures, added the word "roses" stamped with old letter press letters, and added all the lace dividers. So, if this doesn't sell, I'll use it for my notebook I keep by my computer. Hmmm, I seem to have a lot of these artsy leftovers lying around my house....seems I'd get the hint, doesn't it? Oh, well, when one has a passion for creating, a lot of people get my gifts and I have some to donate as well. There's a youth auction coming up at my church so many things will go there.

It also seems that I do many things in my life "just the way I like it." This last Sat. our church had a "walk" through one of the neighborhoods on the South side of Peoria. We are adopting a block and beginning to meet the needs of the people there two Saturdays a month. We abstained from voting on this one in our business meeting; I knew I didn't want to "waste" our Saturdays. Of course, when one's husband is the Associate Pastor of the church, who's involved in EVERYTHING!!! that goes on at the church (whether he voted on it or not), it's hard to "hide." It's readily noticed when I'm not there. I stayed home and created and put things on Etsy and took pictures, etc., etc. So, needless to say, I felt guilty for not going. Dog-gone-it! I wish I didn't feel guilty for everything. I try not to. I rationalize, compensate, and promise to do whatever comes up next to make myself feel better. I need to be seeking God first and letting him decide what I do today and then listen and do it. (I really think it also has something to do with my being first-born and responsible for it all.)
Matthew 6:33--"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." This is my favorite verse; so why don't I heed it?

No comments: