Monday, March 2, 2009

Writings

Proverbs 3:3--"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart."

Here's another in the "Heart Thoughts" series of mini journals I made for February. How do you bind "love and faithfulness" around your neck? Hmmm....a necklace maybe? Have you seen the symbols for "faith, hope and love"? They are a cross, an anchor and a heart. We see many crosses and hearts but not so many anchors. What's more fitting than an anchor to demonstrate "hope?" There's a lot of weight depending on one little anchor and if it doesn't hold, the whole ship could be lost. Christ is my anchor. When the world is splashing around me, he holds me fast. He is my hope. It's so important to remember this and that is why it is best to memorize scripture. When a crisis occassion presents itself, then I can recall God's words to help me. I need to write more on my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR SALLY,
THAT IS SO VERY BEAUTIFUL.
I HAVE ALWAYS LOVE THE SCRIPTURE AND YOUR JOURNAL IS GORGEOUS.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Alexandra said...

Fantastic cover!