Friday, February 27, 2009

Putting It Together

I love blending old with new in my art. I've used new scrapbook paper on this little book and added old fabric--feed sack, upholstery, linen, open weave cross stitch fabric, an old swatch of dress fabric and lace. I put them all together making a flower (have you ever tried to cut circles with pinking shears?--hmmmm--it's a good thing I'm not going for perfection). Little glass beads make the center and I've added two pretty new ribbons with a frayed older one. Sometimes we have to just "make do" and use what we already own. I'm a big one for trying new techniques (and that usually means new materials) but I already have a pile of stuff I've not used yet. My heart says "adventure" and my mind says "frugality." It's a battle. Such is life. We're not promised that life will an exciting adventure. Sometimes we have to use the scraps and make it work.

Deuteronomy 28:12--"The Lord will...bless all the work of your hands." (the kicker here?---obedience to God, verse 13.)

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Sally!! Why of course your can use the image, I'll have to make sure I add that in ~ your artwork is so beautiful!! I just love making altered composition books and yours are all absolutely wonderful, xxoo, Dawn