Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heart Thoughts 5 More Celebration And An Idea

The idea first: I purchased this GORGEOUS reamer/juicer last Monday on my birthday as a present to myself. When I got home and was washing it, I noticed the holes looked just about right for some of my paint brushes. The old jar was one my husband and I dug up many, many years ago looking for "treasures." It says "Crisco." Did you know Crisco used to be sold in pint jars? Yep.
I bought this beautiful card for $1.00 at the Antique Mall. Deena and I were looking for treasures and I found quite a few. I'll share with you. Use it as you will for your art or whatever.

This is the fifth in a series of mini journals I've made the last couple of weeks. I used scrapbook paper, brocade ribbon, brocade fabric, open-weave ribbon, sheer puckered fabric, costume jewelry pearls, a shell leaf button, a selvege from muslin with computer-generated text and assorted ribbons for marking. The scripture I used for this comes from Psalm 9:1--"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of your wonders."
This little journal is for sale today in my Etsy shop (have a look if you want in the side bar at the top of the page.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! I finally saw the tatted lace journal in your Etsy shop! Thanks! :)