Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Loving Friend

Proverbs 17:17--"A friend loves at all times."

All the time? Every day? Every circumstance? Yes. Sometimes friendship is better than a family relationship. We need friends and in order to have them, we have to be one--easier said than done for me. I'd rather hide in my hole and not worry about relating; it's more comfortable that way. No time spent listening to each other, planning a time to meet, taking time from doing our own thing--no, it's a lot easier not to have friends. But then, there's the lonely part--the part that needs nurturing, the section that needs someone to hear my heart, the room that needs to know someone really cares for me. I need that. So, I listen, I plan, I take time away from my wants and be a friend. You know what? It's worth it!

I made this little ATC about 2 years ago and it didn't sell so I put it on the cover of a mini journal and I'm offering it in the shop around the corner. Maybe the second time around will do it (actually, I think it's the third time.) I used a playing card, copied vintage image, charm, ribbons, scrapbook paper, ink, waxed linen thread, book binding materials and torn letters.

No comments: