Saturday, February 7, 2009

I've Been Playing

There's a new subgenre of art out there where the old, Victorian style is mixed with the new. In this piece, I've mixed the two by using an old pewter mini frame, twisted wire, glass beads and the insides of a watch. The pendant hangs from a sheer ribbon. I used music background paper.
This next example is built on an old dragon domino--remember them? I used another chunk of watch insides on the top and filled in the depression for the battery with thread and pearls for the eggs and nest. I cut out a bird and used a foil filigree limb. The text is from an old dictionary. I decorated the sides with a floral etching and highlighted the dragon on the back. It hangs by a waxed linen cord. I'm calling this line "Yesterday, Today and Forever" from the scripture in Hebrews 13:8--"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever." They are both making their debut in my Etsy Shop (see the side panel to visit and see more pictures of each.)

No comments: