Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Heart Thoughts 4 Continuing the Celebrations

This beautiful postcard was found in an antique store last month. I'm sharing it with you because I'm celebrating two years of blogging and my birthday week. When you get old, you can have a week of birthday celebrating! Don't you wish you were old?
Yesterday was busy so I'm adding another postcard I found last weekend on a junk store/flea market spree. Hope you can use these. If not, just enjoy their quaintness.

Psalm 75:10--"My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright heart."
Upright means "righteous, sincere or honest"--qualities lacking in most of us in this ol' world--and I include myself. And we wonder why we are bombarded with temptations, evil thoughts and lies. Where's our shield? I'm afraid we need to look at our hearts.
This mini journal is part of a series I'm making to celebrate Valentine's Day. I used a small notebook, scrapbook paper, part of a hankie, a pink ribbon background, old buttons, assorted hanging ribbons and a strip of fabric, a chipboard flower, old tatted lace, a heart button and perle cotton thread. This little book is for sale in my etsy shop (see the side bar at the top if you wish.)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful journal! I love the use of tatted lace. I do tatting so when someone says "tatted lace" I come a runnin'! LOL! Thanks for sharing this. I went to your Etsy shop, but didn't see it for sale. Are you planning on selling your journals w/ tatted lace on them?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info!!!
~TattingChic

Maggie Ann said...

Your jounal is very lovely! But even lovelier is your bit of scripture and explanation. How refreshing to read this.....I am reading 'Bunyan's Holy War' now, about how the devil takes over the town of 'Mansoul'. And comes in thru the 'eye-gate' ear-gate..etc. How true! What instrument do you play? I take cello lessons...and would love to get my hands on the'I dreamed a dream'music (for cello) that Susan Boyle sang so beautifully. Were you as taken with her as I was? I too love art...and dabble with collage every so often. Thankyou to Tatting Chic for featuring your work in her post! It got me here to visit...=)